Sunday, October 20, 2013

Moving the large format gear into the pub


I went into one of the bars along Kenilworth and tried to make a few portraits. It was Sunday afternoon and most people were watching either the soccer game or the football game. The area near the bar was very dark for my big camera but I was able to set up near the front window and shoot between rounds of pool. 

Carl reminded me that he was kicking most people's butts that day and took on all challengers at the table. I tried to get one group shot but it didn't really work since they couldn't stay still for the four second exposure. This are was the brightest area in the bar but with my 4x10 camera and f8 lens I could hardly see the folks outside the centre of the frame.


William from Niagara Falls was visiting his niece and didn't mind having his photo taken. He was able to stand still long enough to get this shot as well as the one with his niece.



-Rob Skeoch 

Although I've worked as a photographer all my life, I'm currently back at school trying to finish my Master of Fine Arts Degree at the Maine Media Workshops and College. 

Cig Harvey is one of my mentors and the project I'm working on is a documentary on north Hamilton. 

My retail store for rangefinder gear and Zeiss lenses is www.rangefinderstore.com 

My retail store for large format photo supplies is www.bigcameraworkshops.com

No comments:

Post a Comment